Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Lois's Birthday

Monday, was Lois's birthday and it started off slow. We were able to sleep in and then take our time getting ready. Right as we were getting ready to get into the shower Kira, Jessica and Pat arrived at our house. While I was showering Robert and the girls were setting up a party in the other tatami room (living room with woven bamboo carpet). So when I was ready for the day I came into a party. That was really nice and thoughtful. I opened some gifts and then we were all really hungry so we went out to lunch. I wanted to go to a buffet because those are my favorite and so we went on a hunt to try and find it. Well, we drove around about one hour looking for the "better one" and then gave up and went to the place that we already knew. This buffet was called the Yakiniku Viking and we had been to it once before. It is way yummy! You chose your our raw meat and then cook it at your table. There is a grill that is in the center of the table that you cook your meat or vegitables on. It was sooo good! They also have a bunch of fried foods, soups, rice and curry that are all all-you-can-eat. It is a great way to try a lot of differnt Japanese foods without wasting the food or a lot of extra money.
After that a bunch of our friends had all put money into a envelope and gave it to me so that I would be able to buy myself an iPod because that is was I was wanting. So, we went to the PCDepot (computer store) and we were looking at them awhile. I finally decided to buy one and when I went to pay for it they said that they could not oder the instructions in English and so I just went without and thought that I will just get one when we get to the USA. So, that didn't work out and we went home. When we got home a friend from work came over and we had cake and ice cream.
After that party we went to karaoke. That was quite fun. It is a little weird it is just a bunch of tables and chairs with really no room to dance. And it made me sick because the smoke in the room. It was REALLY bad! After the two hours of singing I thought that ice cream might be nice and so we went to the mall (YouMe Town) and had good old Baskin Robins. Yummy! I was a great birthday! Thank you everyone! Then it was time to go home and Robert and I watched Newies and went to bed. That was my (Lois's) 22nd birthday!

No comments: