Saturday, July 11, 2009

4th of July

Our day was full of fun. We took Kenya to the parade here in Rexburg just after 10am and then went into Idaho Falls for a BBQ with some friends. We then went to the Green Belt to set up and wait for fireworks. Because of all this running around Kenya really didn't ever take a good nap, just 20-30 minutes here and there. So, I was feeding her about 1 hour before the show began and she fell asleep. I thought she would wake up because of the sound of the fireworks, but nope. This girl slept through it all. She then woke up as we were walking to the car afterward and cried most of the way home. Gotta love kids! Sometime, they just don't know/care what they are missing. She was a trooper all day and we had a great family/friends day! The show was put on by Melaleuca and was amazing. We really enjoyed it. Here are some shots of the fireworks.



Our family shot that evening. It is not flattering to any of us, but at least we got a picture.
This is Jeff Hildebrant. We went to his family's for the BBQ! Thank you Hildebrandt family for welcoming us and making us feel like family there!! And thanks, Jeff, for the wonderful pitcure.
Kenya and Robert just chillin out on the grass!
This is Kenya playing with me at the parade. She sure is a cute one!
I thought this was a good picture. They had a fire ladder extended and hung an american flag at the very top. I loved to see all those flags waving!! Thank you God for this wonderful country!
Our family shot at the Rexburg parade. We were all dressed in red white and blue!

Kenya and mommy! I can't get enough of that little girl!

3 comments:

Henderson Family said...

I love how festive you all look in red, white, and blue. Kenya is always so stylin'.

The Olligschlager Family said...

Wow the fire works in Idaho Falls looked great! You did a goood job taking pictures!

Brandon & Megan said...

Those pictures are awesome! You all look great! Sure do miss you guys!