For Labor day this year Robert and I decided that we better go and see Yellowstone Park. We have lived here about 5 years and never taken the time to go. More specifically we went to see Old Faithful. I could not handle living so close (1 1/2 hours) from it and never seeing it. We have a wonderful friend, Camille, whom I work with that we drug along. It was great fun! We left at about 10 o'clock in the morning and went and picked up a picnic lunch at the store and headed to the park. It was a very chilly day and when we were leaving the park we saw rain, hail and snow.We saw several hot springs and a few geysers.

The colors on these are amazing.

Old Faithful being faithful and amazing.


Don't we look great! Camille Bennett and Lois

We had a pretty good video, but I can't get it loaded right. Old Faithful shot for about 5 minutes which is one of the longest times that it does. The park ranger said that on average it is anywhere between 3 to 5 minutes. So, we got a pretty good show!
The wildlife we saw. Not much just a few bison and some cow elk and their calves.



We had a discussion with Camille about how amazing God is to be able to create so much diversity and beauty on this planet! We loved it! Robert and I felt an immediate ease when looking at all the trees and green. We knew we weren't in southeast Idaho anymore.
Yep, that is Old Faithful behind us. We had to wait about 30 minutes so, we just hung around.
A very enjoyable day and we are glad that we went. Maybe now when April comes and Robert graduates we will be able to get out of Rexburg.



5 comments:
cool pictures, looks real fun! :)
Cute pictures. It's good to hear from you. I'm glad you were able to finally go see yellowstone. There are a few things we wish were would have been able to do while we were up there, but I guess the lesson learned is don't wait around because soon the opportunity will pass.
How fun! That is cool that Camille went with yall. i went to Yellowstone when i was like 8 or something and one thing I remember about it was the smell. I remember more than that, but that is one thing that I distinctively remember!
I love yellowstone! It looked like you guys had a good time. I am glad I found you on here!
wow those are awesome picks of yellowstone, hope i can go someday.
Post a Comment