Today Kenya got her first round of shots. One oral, two in her right leg and one in her left. Her pain from that was brief as far as we could tell. She cried from being held on the table, but once they were done and I picked her up she stopped crying. We gave her some Tylenol about 10 minutes before the shots and I am sure that helped (thanks for the tip Julia). So, then why is it that she cried in pain some much about 2 hours after her shots. I am confident it was because she hadn't pooped in over two days and she was trying to work it out. I could tell because all she wanted to do is nurse for comfort and even then she would stop nursing and I could she and feel her pushing to try and get her poops out. After a short time and probably the most I have heard her cry she fell a sleep for an hour or so. Then when she woke up she pooped. AND BOY DID SHE!!! She had her first blow out. It come out the front on her stomach and also out the back. Now, she is happy Kenya again.
Also, this morning was her first time being caught on camera smiling. It is on my cell phone, so the quality is not very good. For about the last week I have been able to get her to smile at me. She is smiling everyday a little bit more frequently. What a great baby!
Tuesday, May 05, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Congratulations, you're totally a mom. You just wrote an entire blog entry about your baby pooping.
She may have also had sore legs in addition to needing to poop. My babies legs always got stiff a few hours later. Next time work her legs (massaging and pumping them) after the shot to get the blood flowing through them to distribute the fluid from the shot faster and it will keep her legs from getting sore at the shot site.
*giggle* sounds like life is good! :)
Post a Comment