Sunday, December 13, 2009

Finished Christmas Dress

So, I tried to do all the sewing by myself, but I ran out of time. I was trying to finish the dress by today so that Kenya could wear it at least a few times. So, my mom came to the rescue and sewed the hard parts. The collar was harder than I was expecting. I tried it a few times and then just asked my mom to do it because she could get it done in just a few minutes and I had already spent more the half an hour on it. So, with mom's help I finished yesterday afternoon and Kenya was able to wear it today. It turned out beautiful!! I love it!! I made the "1/2" size from the pattern and it was still quite big on Kenya. Oh, well she stilled looked stunning.
I was trying to she how little money I could spend on the dress and ended up spending more that I wanted to, $9. The lace was a LOT more expensive than I thought it would be. Anyway... The fabric and thread mom had left over from other Christmas projects and the zipper I got from my aunt. So, the dress was still cheaper than buying one at the store and I love it!! Look at my cutie!!



Yeah, it is pretty long! Each Sunday she wears it, I am going to add something a little different, like changing the hair bow or adding a ribbon around the waste. I will post pictures of all the different ones if I get a chance. Mostly because she will look so darn adorable in the dress every time she wears it.




Kenya is doing a raspberry in the picture. She really enjoys that lately, it is a funny, but a cute face!



3 comments:

Brandon & Megan said...

Love it! Soooo cute! Merry Christmas

Brittney said...

It turned out way cute!!!

Scott and Karissa Conover said...

WOW good job Lois! The dress looks so adorable!