Wednesday, March 17, 2010
What 1 year old does this?
Happy St. Patrick's Day! Just minutes ago Kenya found her way to the diapers & had me pull out a clean one. She then took it from me, sat down on the floor and proceed to open it as if to change herself. She was having some difficulty in opening it, due to her ninja grip she was in risk of tearing it, so i got it from her to help her out. Lois was in the bathroom when this was taking place. Lois came out and I explained what was going. Well, Kenya then took the diaper back and began the process again trying to open it. I took it back and she laid herself on the floor and lifted her legs, ready for that dirty diaper to be changed! Does anyone else sense self-potty training? Anyway, I had to blog this one immediately, because I just find it so weird for Kenya to go from hating to have her diaper changed to volunteering and attempting to change her own diaper! Simply shocking! And this just in from Lois, after her bath Kenya just zipped up her own pajamas for the first time! What is going on? Who said she could grow up so fast? She never ceases to amaze us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Take advantage! Drop everything and potty train now! Mom said it best and I've seen it with my kids...kids at this age are on a roll and they are looking for the next thing to learn...within a month or two though they lose all interest in potty training and learning new skills because they are busy exploring the world rather than working on what they can do. The time from when they get steady on their feet to when they start focusing on the world and what they can find/make objects do, etc is short. Your next window according to experts/and my experience is around 18 months (some kids get interested in it again at this age) or 3 years old if you miss that window or the child skips it.
she's trying to show you she's boss! I love it when they learn about independence, for a little while anyway. That's why the 2's and 3's are so "terrible". If she's up for it GO!!! POTTY TRAIN!!!
Post a Comment