Thursday, April 22, 2010

Chatty Cathy.

That is what my mom use to call me. She use to tell me should should have named me Cathy because there was a doll at one time that could talk and her name was Chatty Cathy.
Well, Kenya enjoys talking too! She is using new words on almost a daily basis. She is really amazing at this talking thing. She has even begun to put 2 or 3 words together. Her newest words:
outside: ou ide
drink: dink
treat: treat
Mirmo: Mirmo (cousins Mikhail's nick name)
water: wa wa
dish: dish
meow: maaw (she has said this before, but uses it all the time now)
I can teach her new tricks rather easy too! It just took me about 2 days to train her to place her cups on the table when she is done drinking them and then she goes and gets it when she wants more. She taught herself to unlock and open the front door (the knob on it is lower than the rest of the knobs in the house.) The other day she began to count. Now, it was not with the same numbers you and I are use to, but she would point at objects and then say something. She had on a shirt that had a bunch of hearts on it and when we read a book I count all the hearts. She was sitting on my lap and pointing at one heart and then move to the one next to it and so on. So, thought there was something on her shirt, but then realized what she was doing and began to count with her. She repeated 3, 6 and 10. She usually says 10 when I counted before, but never really initiated it herself. It blew my mind when I understood what she was doing.
What can I say... Yeah she is amazing!

1 comment:

Brittney said...

What a sweet, smart little girl.