Sunday was our last day in California and we were able to see some family. We went to church and then to lunch with my sister Amy. What a blast we had with her even if the time was short. While waiting for lunch Amy and Kenya played in the fountain. Of coarse that is what Kenya was doing because it has running water.
Then we went to Robert’s grandmother house in Oakland right before we had to fly out. This was quite the adventure. She is 93 years old and Kenya was born on her birthday. Grandma Banks was so excited to see Kenya and was one of the main reason we took this trip. The reason we have no pictures of them together is we were occupied by other things, including the police. Grandma was happy to see us and Kenya and it was all worth it. Here is the story.
I told Robert to go to the door and knock while I got Kenya out of the car because I knew it would take her a while to get to the door. He did and when grandma opened the door this really loud siren went off. Yep, gma forgot to turn the burglar alarm off. So, we get inside and I don’t think gma notice the noise. We asked her for her code and she did not know it. Sure enough just a few moments later the phone rings and it is the alarm company. Well, gma could not hear them and she gives me the phone. I tell them I don’t know it and she said she does not know it. Then I give the phone back to here. The whole time the alarm is still going off. I finally shuts off and then gma asks Robert to open the door because it is to hot. Rightfully so! So, he does hoping it doesn’t go off again. It does, and then minutes later another phone call. Same thing, gma cant hear, she give me the phone, I explain and tell them they have to talk really loud, and give the phone back to gma. I am not sure what happened, but gma said it will all be okay and when we asked her about them sending some out she told us they were going to. So, we were able to visit for a short time. Robert was on the phone pretty much the whole time with different relatives trying to find out who knew the code. We still did not figure it out, but shortly before we left a policewoman stopped by and checked. She was very nice and chatted a little with us and then left. Gma was sad to see us go and sad it was such a short visit, we were too. It could have been better had out visit not been so “alarming.” Thanks for the memory Grandma Banks!!
1 comment:
I can't believe how big Kenya is! She is such a well behaved little girl. Sounds like a great trip.
Post a Comment