Monday, October 04, 2010

Updates: Treats for the American teachers.

So, on September 10 China celebrates Teacher's Day. Basically some of the students bring in gifts and/or cards for their teachers. Our school also gave us a bonus and had dinner and a party. The dinner was very Chinese and quite good. We would have enjoyed everything a lot more had we know about the party more than 1 hour before it began. The school told us at 4:30 that we were going to have a meeting we had to go to and then after the meeting we would have dinner and then after the dinner there would be prizes for everyone. So, we did not have a babysitter or anything, but one of the other teachers stayed down stairs with all the kids. By the time the meeting was done all the kids were cranky because they were tired and hungry. So dinner was great and the prize thing lasted until almost 10pm. Kenya's bed time is 8pm and we normally eat at 5:30ish. She actually did really well in behaving. It could have been A LOT worse. What a wonderful baby we have!! Below are pictures of what we received on Teacher's Day and yes, that is a 40 inch flat screen TV. I won that as a grand prize. We continued to get gifts for a few days after that as well.




I just thought this was a great picture. This was on the 30th anniversary of Shenzhen, it was sometime in the beginning of September.
Mr Tian, the owner of the school took us out to eat. Man, I love buffets and I have seen some really big buffets. Nothing like this one! It was huge! I am not joking when I say that the menu had a map of the different kinds of foods because there was so much, or when I say there were several times that I got lost getting food. It was amazing! It was about $30 a person!

No comments: