Wednesday, October 20, 2010

UPDATES: Random

This was the second time that we went to sushi. We brought Amy with us. This is at Dairy Queen afterward.
These are pictures of Robert, Amy and myself eating a small red octopus. It was cold and chewy.

I could not resist putting Kenya in her Halloween clothes starting on October 1st. This is he dress I bought last year.


We had some of the senior students over for dinner and a movie on Oct 1st. It is China's National Day. We watched National Treasure, the students picked. We thought it was quite funny to watch a movie about American history on China's National Day! It was a lot of fun. The Senior students do not have any teachers. They actually have 2 semesters dedicated to apply for colleges in the US. We were really shocked. All of these students are fluent in English and so they help us out quite a bit! It was a lot of fun. I cooked tacos for them. Thanks mom for the seasoning.

These next pictures are of a park that is just a ways down the street from us. It is a huge park! It was great. We actually went here the same say we had the seniors over. We had quite the busy day that day. The park was packed with people because it was a national holiday, but we still enjoyed it.

Here is Amy and Kenya!
This is normal when we go out. People take Kenya's picture all the time. They ofter shove their kids into the picture too. This day was especially bad. It really was like 10 minutes of people taking her picture. Really people, what are they going to do with the pictures? Hang them on their walls like family photos? "Look at this cute baby we saw once." We are puzzled as to why they want to pictures.
These were people just outside our complex gates exercising in the morning. They are doing Ti Chi.

This last picture is one Robert took right out on our balcony. Really, I guess the city does have its own beauty. I still miss the trees and nature more. I don't think I am cut out to be a city girl for long periods of time.

No comments: