Jasmin is so fun! Here is a little bit about her.
Her year old stats were
height: 29.5 inches 40th percentile (ish)
weight: 18lbs 12.5 oz 15-20th percentile
Healthy and developing like crazy!
Kenya says her favorite color is purple. I thought her favorite animal was a cow but I think it has now changed to dog.
She loves playing with babies, stuffed animals, she tries to play dress up, she has started to enjoy toys that a little more complex like opening and closing things and putting things in and out of bag/purses/ or anything else, anything her sister is playing with and reading books.
She pretty much refuses to eat with utensils. We began to let her to eat by herself around 7 months because she refused to let us feed her baby food. We are working on teaching her to use a spoon and fork. This girl love water. She drink as much as I do! She really will drink as much water as we give her and then continue to ask for more. She is a camel. She love to eat fruit and eat a good variety of food.
She walks, runs, and has the beginning motion of jumping down. She love to climb the stairs and has for a while now, but until just recently she would not even try to go down them correctly (facing the stairs). She climbs up and all over the couch. She love to dance play games like Pat-a-cake, Wheels on the Bus, and other songs and be thrown in the air. She love all animals! If she sees a dog she has to point it out and touch it. She loved to "love" This. She will go up beside the cat and just lay on her and hug and kiss her. She is gentle with animals and knows how to treat them.
She naps a 2-3 times a day for only about 1 hour each time. She will sometime tell me when she want to go to bed by signing sleep. I love to rock/nurse her a little bit and then put her in her crib to fall asleep. She does this very well. With Kenya when a year hit I was ready to stop nursing because she wanted to do it all day everyday. Jasmin is not that way and I cut back so she is just nursing a very little during the day and sometime not at all at night. But it is always the first thing she does in the morning. I enjoy that time together in the morning (even if Kenya is right there with us). Maybe it is just me being lazy because I know she is hungry and it gives me a few minutes to wake up and not have to get her something to eat right away. I will probably continue to nurse at least until after we move so that she will have something familiar while we settle into our new home.
She has a gift of communication! She learns new words everyday and has also begun to put a few words together. She has begun to sing and hum in the last few days also. She know more and more animal sounds every time we talk about them.
Here and Kenya are already the best of friends. She takes quite a bit of pushing and pulling around from Kenya.
I cannot believe the things she learns and can do at just one year old. I feel like i was robbed of having a baby because she has grown up so fast. There is so much more I want to add because I want to remember her forever at this stage. Unless I think of something really amazing to add I guess that is all for now.
Sunday, July 29, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment