Sunday, July 29, 2012

Jasmin turns 1

Jasmin turned 1 on July 15th.  Where has the last year gone.  Life has been so fast pace I feel like never really had her as a baby!  She began to walk before 9 months and has grown and developed so quickly that she really was hardly in the baby stage at all.

From the moment Jasmin woke up that morning Kenya and I kept telling her "happy birthday!"  Within the first few minutes she was awake she was already saying "happy bb."  Before church at 1:00pm she was saying a variation of "happy day" or "happy birday!"  I could not believe it.  I was like she was announcing she was 1 year old by repeating everything.  

 For Jasmin cake I made it out of watermelon.  I loved this idea when I saw it.  Jasmin loves fruit just as much as I do so this was perfect for both of us.  So Kenya, and I cut our fruit and used toothpicks to put shapes in the watermelon.  On her cake she had blueberries, cantaloupe, and kiwis.  Yes, she loved it.
This is the cake that we put the candle on and Jasmin got to eat as much as she would like.
She just looked so cute on her birthday.  This is a dress that I made for her for Easter and she asked to have the necklace put on her that day.  (By asking I mean that she came up to me and handed it to me and motioned for me to put it on her.  When I asked her verbally if that is what she wanted me to do she ducked her head and waited for me to put it on.)

My beautiful 1 year old.  (and look at my garden behind her)

"cheese"




Kenya looked stunning as well that day! 
 After church we held a little birthday party for her.  We had some close friends over and people we thought that she would recognize.  Lots of kids and lots of fun!  We celebrated by having french bread sandwiches and chips and lots of playing!
She could not take her eyes off of it once I set it down in front of her. 
 Singing to the birthday girl!

Yes, of course we had "real" cake to.  I made cupcakes inside of ice cream cones.  It was the best ever because we did not have to worry about cupcake wrappers or plates with spilled cake and forks everywhere.  The kids just carried them around and of course there were some crumbs. 
Friends eating cupcakes.
 Friends at the party.  Crowded house but worth it!

At the end of the party the "men" went outside and watched Robert slice things with his Samurai sword.  (a toy, watermelon, kiwis and who knows what else.)  This all started because they were playing with a toy we have and could not find the penny.  They went outside to slice it open and they found it.  Then they took out fruit and had a blast.  I wish those who videoed it would have send it to us because it would be amazing to see.  Robert sliced a kiwi in mid air! 

Here is Jasmin opening her gift the following day.  We forgot to give it to her on Sunday.  We had the hardest time finding a gift for her.  Something that we did not already have and something that we could pack and take with us. 


"What is it?"

The toy was a big hit with both girls!  It is stilled played with a lot today and by both girls and both parents today.

No comments: