I found out I was pregnant in March because of the usual symptoms; I was tired and my cycle was late. I took the test myself one day and then I wanted a fun way to tell my family. So for Family Home Evening that night I put together these poems.
Robert's
-->
Things have always been a little uneven
They soon will become more unbalanced
There will be a chance to bring some balance
Or maybe that chance for balance will tip the scale
Kenya's
-->
A brother or sister what will it be
In mommy’s belly you will see
Jasmin's
-->
B-A-B-Y we will play
So of course I told Robert's his and then gave him some time to think about it. I think he figured it out or the right answer at least had crossed his mind. Then I read Kenya hers and the Jasmin hers. It was fun and everyone got really excited about the new baby coming.
A few weeks later I started to "spot" and I was not too worried because I know this can happen. It lasted for longer than 2 weeks though. I had heard of an American doctor in Wuhan who worked out of a Chinese hospital and I wanted to make an appointment because of the "spotting" was going on for long. I was starting to get worried. We went into the first appointment and whole cow it took forever! I first met with the doctor (normal) then she wanted a urine and blood tests (normal) and an ultrasound. So I went and did the test. The way the system works there is the Dr orders things then you go and pay for what was order and then you go all over the hospital to different areas getting our orders filled. You have to wait for your results and then delivery them back to the Dr yourself. So off we went with no English speaking person. I got the urine and blood samples done just fine. Then went to the ultrasound. Apparently I needed to have a full bladder to have the ultrasound and so they made me drink a bunch of water. Then into the ultrasound I went. They tole me that I none of the family could come into the ultrasound, but Kenya was a little upset at this and so the nurses just let her go in. As they were preforming the ultrasound all they said in English and Chinese was "No." What did this mean? So I did not know if they were telling me that their was no baby that there was no, what.... So we walked the ultrasound paper back to the Dr and so said that they could not see anything because my bladder was not full enough. A little relief came. So they order a different way to ultrasound and I had to go back and pay for the difference of the ultrasound and then back to wait in line again for my turn in the ultrasound room. Then I took the results back to the Dr. Confirmed live baby 8 weeks old. There was about 1 hour of just waiting to see what the ultrasound was going to bring. She then calculated the conception date and the due date of the baby.
(This baby was made in Germany! We have 3 babies all made on different
continent of the world. When Robert and I were looking into adoption we
thought it would be fun to have all of children from different parts of
the world. Well, it seems this may be the case anyway.) Due date
Novemeber 3, 2013. After our 3 hours in the hospital and 30 minute taxi ride to this specific hospital we treated ourselves to a Hawaiian/American restaurant that was not far from there. It was so yummy and we made our way back there a few more time before we left Wuhan. Then we had our long taxi ride home. As long and drawn out as this may sound we were not surprised in the least bit about how long it took and such, that is just the way things are in China. They take forever!!
So I went back to this Dr a couple of more times before returning to the States. Our visits were much of the same, longer than they should have been and just a lot of waiting. Everything with the baby seemed fine and we were good to go.
More to be update at a later time.
No comments:
Post a Comment