It seems that it was a long time coming, but that is just because we waited just under 5 years for her. Kenya is almost one year old! I cannot believe it! She hasn't seemed like a baby for awhile now. Ever since she started walking at 10 months old she has seemed like a toddler. I thought that you got to have a baby for at least a year.
No, really she is amazing. These are just some random thoughts of things that she is doing and most of them she has been doing for quite sometime, but I only have a few chances to use the internet now. So, here we go:
Kenya helps me get her dressed. She puts her arms in when putting it on and lifts them up to take her clothes off.
She has rediscovered the bath in the last month or so. She hated it before and so we started to shower her and she was happier with that. So, we decided to try it again this last month and she loves it! It has a lot to do with a toy she got at Christmas (thanks Chris') she loves it!
She loves her kitty! Her favorite thing to do is follow This around and when This lays down she puts her head on her and loves her. It truly is darling. She also plays fetch as well as This. We throw the hair tie for This and about 90% of the time Kenya is the one that brings it back.
She now asks to clean her own face and hands after meals.
She sometimes asks to sit on her potty. (Potty training is going to beginning VERY soon, if I can work up the commitment.)
She sleeps in her own room.
She is learning new words almost daily.
She loves dogs!
She like to "get" mommy or daddy. And she like to be "gotten"
She climbs!!
In playing patty cake she can now "roll it" in fact I think that she likes to "roll it" more than anything.
She discovered her nostril. Yes, I have a 1 year old who puts her finger in her nose.
If you ask her how old she is, she will show you! She hold up 1 finger.
She can identify a few body parts, like nose, mouth, toes and sometimes eyes and ears.
I am sure there are a lot more. I am just amazed at the things she can pick up on. WOW! that is all I can say. Is this normal to have a 1 year old who can do all of this? (I am sure it is, but it amazes me as I already said. I just think about the new skills that I have learned in the last year and compare them to what she has learned and how much Kenya has grown. Man, I am a slacker!)
Thursday, March 04, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It sounds like she's pretty advanced!!!
Happy (early) birthday Kenya!!
I can't get over how Malcom's turning 1 in a few weeks either. Where did the time go?!? Hope it's a fun day!!
Post a Comment