Saturday, October 09, 2010

Shenzhen Safari Park/Zoo

We went to the zoo last week during our holiday. Kenya loved it so much! I think her favorite was the monkeys. She kept asking "more monkeys." And we still hear about the monkeys at home almost everyday. On the way to the zoo we told her that we were going to see the animals and so now she knows that word and asks to go see the animals. She is getting quite big and learning quickly. What a wonderful blessing she is in our lives! At the zoo we had lots of fun. We took our nanny Amy with us. We saw a great seal and dolphins show. It was great! We also saw a circus at the end of the day. I had been wanting to see a good circus for years. This circus was short, about 25-30 minutes, but it was great! We all had fun and it was something we could share with Kenya during our vacation.

This is Kenya already for the day. She was so cute! I put her hair in pigtails.

The Drapers in front of the zoo.


Amy and Kenya in front of Gibbon Island. This was the first thing we saw as we came into the zoo. Yep, monkeys!
Kenya got to ride on giant chickens. And she let us know they were chickens like at mama and papa's house.
We were super close to the gibbons. There was just a mote around the island, no cages!

We paid just over a $1 to feed giraffes. They sure have strong jaws, they ripped the branches right out of our hands. Kenya enjoyed this, as well as mommy and daddy!

The elephants were fun. Someone was feeding this one peanuts.

Zebras, Amy and I got to pet this one. There were several animals that you could pay to feed. Zebras were one of them. We did not pay, but I am guessing that is why this Zebra let us pet it.
Hippos. This is about all we saw of them. They did come up or a breath once or twice.
How, cute! The swans in the water fountains behind us are kissing too. This was daddy's cute idea!
Kenya, loves fish! Of coarse there were lots of gold fish to feed in the ponds.
These were the penguins. Kenya liked watching them swim. She loves the water and we were all sad when the pool at our apts closed at the end of September.
Here are some pictures of the show. There are videos at the end too!




Black panthers, Robert's favorite animals!
What a cute baby! She did great the entire day! She had a dry diaper the entire day. We had to brave using the Chinese public toilets, but it was her choice. Way to go Kenya!
Just before the circus started. I love it when these two walk around holding hands! I cannot get enough!
Yeah, he is upside down on a horse running full speed. They were quite good at their tricks! It reminded me of Toby Tyler!

This bear was being fed. He would stand there and beg, or ask nicely until someone throw him an apple.
The is a Tigon. This zoo has both tigons and ligers. To us they both looked the same.
So, I was going to post video, but it is giving me an error when I try. I will just post them later maybe.

1 comment:

Jena said...

What the coolness!!!? That zoo looks amazing! I loved seeing how cute you all looked together. I love the pics and that you're out doing super cool things as a fam. Of course you would, because you're Lois Draper. Lois, you're my hero!