Thursday, November 25, 2010

Our American Thanksgiving in China!

Our Thanksgiving Day turned out amazing! We had dinner a little later than normal, but it was nice to have all day to slowly prepare and get things done. I was over all a very relaxing and enjoyable day!

I feel we did a good job at being American today. We slept in (Kenya didn’t wake us up until 7:40), then had a lite cereal breakfast and then a few hours later began snacking. Kenya, really enjoyed this!



Kenya, of coarse wanted to help mommy with the turkey. I thought, of coarse I will let her help! Mom always let me help.

Her is our turkey in the oven. It worked great!

Dinner was done on time! That is really not an American tradition, but something we feel strongly about. Great job, LOIS (and those who helped

Our guests we had over were Amy, our friend and nanny, Laura our friend and another American teacher at Yaohua, and Pascal and his mother. It was the perfect amount for our little apartment. I made the basics for dinner: turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, fruit salad, rolls, cranberry sauce, corn, stuffing, and olives. All of which turned out amazing! I also made to pudding pies. Sorry, no pumpkin pie, this year. We even got to play a few card games. Robert cleaned up most of everything! Thanks!!



Kenya sat down to eat and after her first few bites, said, "YUMMY!"

Getting some whipped cream from the can! Yep, she loves it, just like her daddy.


These are stickers that you can put on paper faces to be funny. Kenya was putting them on her. She was so cute!
Here is our final product of our "Things I am thankful for" poster. We really like that! Kenya enjoyed coloring on it as part of her bedtime routine each night. You can see that from all the coloring marks she made.

I am still working on getting all of my tradition in for Turkey Day. I still need to see if I can catch some of the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade and then watch White Christmas. It is only 10:40 pm here. I can do it! It is weird to watch the parade the night of Thanksgiving rather than in the morning.

I am going to make more gravy with the leftover drippings!

1 comment:

Julia said...

Looks Yummy! I can't believe how big Kenya is! She is adorable. Looks like things are going well for you guys! We miss you guys!