Thursday, June 16, 2011

What a comfort.

The other day I heard a song on the radio that brought me to tears as I was thinking about my dad. It was Garth Brooks "The Dance." (A little background on this song is that it was one played at my best friends dad's funeral shortly after we got out of high school. He treated me like a daughter and this song already meant so much to me, but it was the first time that I had heard this song since my dad has died.) As I sat down to cry Kenya noticed the tears coming to my eyes and of course said, "Mommy, you sad?" Which I replied with, "Yes, I am just sad because I miss Grandpa." Well the rest of our conversation went something like this.
"Its okay Mommy, just be happy."
"I am okay, but I am just sad."
"Come with me I will take you to see Grandpa." She had been playing with two camping chairs and pretending to be driving them not long before this happened. She explained to me where to sit and that she would be in front (driving) and that I would sit in back and she would take me to Grandpa.
"We are going to go on a big long trip, okay Mommy?"
"Okay" and the tears just kept coming!
Then as I began to play with her the joy over took the sadness and I think that made Kenya a little sad (that I was not sad anymore) because she kept telling me you "You can cry again Mommy, its okay to cry." I told her I knew it was okay to cry.
After this I began to make a playlist of songs that remind me of my dad, so now I am going to post that playlist for everyone to hear! Enjoy!!

1 comment:

ai said...

I love #4 on your playlist. Totally a Dad memory!