Since the end of last week I have had a few times where I have been getting light headed and dizzy. It started last Thursday and that was a really bad episode. I had gone for a walk to a little craft store and while at the store I got really hot and I started to lose my vision and felt like I might pass out. I sat down for a few minutes and was able to recover enough to walk home. Once I got home I sweat profusely for a good 30 minutes and was all clammy. I figure it is low blood sugar. I had french toast with syrup for breakfast so I think my blood sugar spiked and then the insulin kicked in and I then went too low. This scared me a little bit, but for the next couple of days I was fine. Once in a while I was a little high headed, but only if I stood up to fast or something. Then on Sunday at church I felt my blood sugar doing something. I again got ridiculously hot and clammy and had to leave to cool down and get some water. It passed after a short time and it was not nearly as bad as the first one. Finally this morning after eating a bowl of sweet cereal I was light headed and need to sit for a few minutes. That is why you all get to hear about this because I needed something to do while I rested or I would convince myself to get up and do something!
I have a Dr appointment tomorrow and I am going to mention it to him. I am sure he will just tell me to take it easy and try to regulate the sugar better. It isn't something I am too concerned about, but if it could be something more hopefully the Dr will tell us.
Can you believe it only 5 more weeks!?
Monday, June 06, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That has happened to me a few times while pregnant if I stood for a long time, or sat or knelt in a weird possition that cut off my blood circulation. I hope you can keep from fainting. Sitting down with a glass of water ususally helps.
Post a Comment