Yesterday was the first what will be "normal" day for me for the rest of my life. By this I mean it was me and the girls home alone all day by ourselves. Robert went to work and I got to stay at home. Just getting back from our camping trip there was lots to do and I was scared to start this whole being a mom of 2 without any help. There were plenty who had offered and I knew I could call for a rescue if things went too bad, but none the less I was on my own. Since Jasmin has been born I have had someone right there to help me and if I needed an extra nap I could go take one. But here is how it went....
It was wonderful. I could not have asked for a better day. Jasmin slept wonderfully (and a lot) and Kenya was her amazing self. Yes, it might have been better if Kenya would have slept for more than 20-30 minutes, but I was happy with my day! I now know that I can do this mom thing! (At least on the easy days.) I did not make it out of the house but I was able to get about 10 loads of laundry done, unpack the camping stuff, and get the house clean. I did great!
This was truly a tender mercy from the Lord.
Today is going good so far too! Jasmin is down for a morning nap and Kenya and I are enjoying our morning movie. Here is to another great day. Today we are going to go grocery shopping and I am praying it will go as well as yesterday it.
Friday, August 05, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment