Friday, August 19, 2011

Things I Want to Remember!

I just want to jot down a bunch of things that have been said or have happened in our lives that I don't want to forget. Mostly cute things Jasmin or Kenya have said or done.
Kenya gets so excited about things that Jasmin is doing. For example; Kenya has been wanting to hold Jasmin's hand since the day she was born. We told her that Jasmin does not know how to hold hands and that she would have to get bigger before she could hold hands with her. Then a couple weeks ago in the car Kenya reached over to Jasmin's car seat and Jasmin was crying and grasped Kenya's hand. (I know it was just out of reaction.) Kenya yelled, "Mommy, Jasmin is holding my hand!" She was so excited. This moment was great!

One day I was telling Kenya not to do something because it could hurt the baby and she said,"And it might break her and then we will get a new baby." I told her no we would not get another baby we just get this one for now.

Any time Kenya holds the baby and Jasmin burps while she is holding her, Kenya gets SO excited!! And she thinks she has done a good job because Jasmin burped for her. (I have a hard time getting Jasmin to burp. I am getting better at it, but burping babies is not my specialty!)

One of the first times Jasmin made a noise that was not crying Kenya yelled, "Mommy, she talked!" Then she went around for days saying, "Jasmin talked 1 time yesterday, mommy!"

Jasmin since the day she was born has been giving kisses. Mostly to Daddy and Kenya, but I get them occasionally.

Jasmin has been smiling since the 1st week of life even when she is not asleep, but yesterday when she woke up she gave 2 really big and intentional smiles. 1 for Mommy and then minutes later 1 for Daddy. She has been smiling frequently ever since yesterday morning!

A few weeks ago when on our way to the doctors Kenya was talking about wanting to see the temple. I then told her, "Yeah, we are going to go BY it." She then said, "We are going to pay for it mom?" It took me a minute to process what she was saying. Then I told her, no it was too big and "pay for" and tied to explain that we were going by it and that we were not going to buy it. (Try explaining that without using the word BY.) So, then we go to the doctor on the way home and she asked to go by the temple again and I am still trying to explain it. I then go by it and say, "See we are going by the temple. Say, bye-bye temple." I could not help but laugh out loud. Kenya still tells me that the temple is too big to buy when we go by it sometimes.

Having two kids is fun! I find so much joying in watching Jasmin make Kenya so happy. Kenya still asked to hold the baby every 5 seconds. Kenya does a great job at holding her too! What great girls we have been blessed with!

More to come on this post at later dates.

No comments: