So after getting signed up with Pinterest I have begun to do more with crafts and baking with Kenya. It also has been a lot cooler so turning on the oven doesn't make me want to melt. So, now at least once a week Kenya and I are going to make something or do a craft and try something new. I want my kids to enjoy trying new things and also making things. I think this will be a good habit to be in when winter comes because we would be able to be outside much. It gets SO cold here, just like Rexburg did. So here are our projects over the last couple of weeks.
These were baked donuts that we made just the other day.



At the end of the process Kenya and her friend Hannah over to help with the frosting and sprinkles. Man, did they have a lot of fun. If the amount of fun you have is measured by the mess I don't think these girls have had more fun in a long time.

The first thing we tried off of Pinterest was a technique for getting rainbow frosting out of a piping bag. Kenya saw it on my computer while I was looking through in boards and asked to try it. It was fun and turned out great! We loved it and will do it again. I also tried a yummy butter cream recipe and filled the cupcakes with a pudding/whipping cream filling. YUMMY!!



This is the one Kenya made all by herself.

These last cupcakes were done a week after our first ones and Kenya wanted to try a different ways to make flowers and frost the cupcakes. These are what we ended up with. Again I tried a recipe for frosting, this time it was cream cheese frosting on carrot cupcakes.


We are having lots of fun in the kitchen! I am excited to see what we come up with all the holidays coming!
1 comment:
SO FUN! How DID you get rainbow frosting out of a piping bag?
Post a Comment