Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines Day!

We started our Valentines yesterday by having friends over and making treats.  We did not get around to making Christmas goodie plates for our friends and so we decided to do it for Valentines Day instead.   Then for Family Home Evening we delivered them to our friends.  Kenya LOVES to give presents to others.  When I asked her yesterday what we should get Daddy for Valentines she told me she was going to wrap me up and that I could be Daddy's present. 
She is holding a heart shaped PB&J and can you see the heart in her hair?

 So today I tried to make it a little special for the girls.  Kenya got some jewelry for her Valentines gift first thing in the morning.  When she opened her gift she told me, "When I grow up and am a caramel mommy I want to get you a Valentine."  She is so sweet.  I fixed Kenya's hair with a heart in it.  Then after nap we had heart shaped PB & J sandwich.  We then went to a kids Valentines party and decorated a cookie.  Then we headed to get Daddy a Valentine and then delivered it to him at work.  Then more fun at a friends house making cookies.  I got a heart shaped pizza for dinner and we ate that and watched Charlie Brown Valentine.   It was a nice Valentines.  Kenya really enjoyed the heart theme through out the day.  When I asked her if she knew why we celebrated Valentines she told me because of Jesus.  I told her yeah, that is right because Jesus is love and that is what we are celebrating today, LOVE!  She told me, "Yeah, and Jesus is real."  Yep, he sure is!  Later she told Robert that we were Valentines is celebrating Jesus because he loves us and he IS love!  Children truly do know Jesus and understand so much more than I ever will!

These other pictures are from the other day when Kenya and Daddy were playing with the bubbles in the bath.  Thanks, aunt Christine for the giant thing of bubbles at Christmas time.  Kenya truly loves them. 



No comments: