Sunday, November 02, 2008

Week of Halloween festivities.


Well, this week was not to exciting, but we at least enjoyed and felt the spirit of Halloween. On Monday evening we had our friends Molly and Kevin over to carve pumpkins and watch It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. We had fun. Then on Thursday my work had their Halloween celebration and I dressed up as a Disney Land tourist. This was nothing special, but it made it feel like I was part Halloween. Then on Friday we did not do much. I have to work from 9 am till 9 pm. When I got home from work we didn't have enough time to dress up or anything and this was a little depressing. However, we were able to make it over to some friends house for about 30 minutes of a party. Then we came home and had some other friends over, ate pizza and told a few scary stories.
Robert's Lois' Molly's Kevin's in that order.
This is my pumpkin lit up. The picture of Robert's did not turn out well enought to post. His was double sided and looked dang cool! A close up of his is below. The other side of it he did not carve, but just thinned the walls of it and it looked like Scarecrow from Batman Begins.

Hopefully this will be my last Halloween where I will have to work all day and our last Halloween with such limited resources. This is Robert's favorite holiday and we never get to do anything big or special. It was sad to see his disappointment of not dressing up and enjoying the day more. I am pretty sure that he just did homework ALL day! Poor guy, we will make up for it next time.

2 comments:

Henderson Family said...

Wow those are pretty awesome pumpkins.

kelsey said...

I want Kevin to teach me his amazing skills. Also your pumpkins are cool too.