Monday, September 06, 2010

Best 30 Minute Firework Show Ever!

So, tonight as Robert and I were cleaning house after Kenya had gone to bed I heard a few fireworks. Robert and I went to our balcony to see if we could see them. Yep, sure enough, there were some great fireworks going off. We had the perfect view from our 23 floor apartment. We are pretty certain that the celebration was for the 30th anniversary our Shenzhen, the city we live in. We had a day off of school two Fridays ago for the same purpose. Whatever the reason, it was wonderful! They had fireworks that would explode into the shape of a star, ones that were smiley faces (2 eyes and a mouth with a full circle around them), and ones that looked like a planet with rings. My favorite were these ones that I had never seen in the States, they twinkled all the way down and it looked like the nights sky. When I was telling Robert that is what it reminded me of, I realized that is one thing that I have not seen since I have been here. I have a feeling it will be a while until I see it again. SAD! The show was great and was non stop for a full 30 minutes. Thanks, Shenzhen, it was amazing!
Kenya slept all the way through it even though we were close enough that our windows were rattling from time to time. Then after the show was over we went back to cleaning. Sure enough, I turned on the water in the bathroom and Kenya woke up.




PS We do not have a way to post pictures to our blog yet, so more updates will come sometime next week. Until then all you can do is read about our happenings. Sorry!

No comments: