So, here is the deal. Back in July we accepted an offer to work in CHINA as teachers. We will be here for at least 1 year, but more likely it will be 2 years (at least!) Robert and I are both working! (MAJOR BUMMER, I did not want to ever work because it was our goal for me to stay at home with Kenya, but this was definitely an answer to our prayers and the Lord told us to go and for both of us to teach. It took Robert 4 months to find a job after her graduated last year and then it was just a job that just paid the bills and it was a dead end job. He was working full time at a customer service call center. Yeah, for all those who ever did and/or still work at Melaleuca! Yeah, it was that kind of job. He worked there for 8 months and he had just had enough. He hit is breaking point.
So, we had been praying for a long time for something different that would allow us to save and help us out in the long run with finances. We heard about this job from a friend of a friend of a friend whose dad was recruiting for the school. Yeah, that is how freakish it was. I got nothing but the contact information and from there on we were interested and got a job. The whole processes took less than 2 months (from the time I heard about the job till we were here in China).
Here are the details of the job. We have a one year contract, but like I mentioned we will most likely be here at least 2 years. We are in Shenzhen, China. We are just a crossed the bay from Hong Kong, where we can find anything American we could dream of. The salary is great! The benefits are great! We get to experience a different culture and Kenya gets to learn Chinese! We live right next to the school and police station in a very nice apartment! We are both teaching subjects in English rather than just teaching English and I will be teaching AP Biology in the winter. We are teaching at an actual private school grades 1-12. So far, so good.
We do have a Magic Jack phone # (which is a land line that anyone in the states can call and it ring through on our computer, its a lot like Skype) and if you want it please let me know and I will get it to you and we will talk on the phone. There is no charge to you, other than long distance if you pay or that, but who pays for that in the world of cell phones.
PS if you want our jobs let me know, I think they are wanting to hire 2-4 more teachers who would start right way if possible.
Saturday, September 04, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ahhh, nothing feels quite as good as having your curiosity satisfied! :) Congrats guys! Sounds like that's going to be quite a wonderful and exciting adventure. I can't believe you're in CHINA though!! haha! That rocks!
Could you send me a contact number. Sister Curtis says one of her daughters might be interested.
Check out a comment I posted to Aaron and Kelsey's blog too.
Love, mom
Post a Comment