So today is the Mid Autumn Festival in China, or the Moon Cake Festival. They celebrate by spending time with family and eating moon cakes while looking at the moon. As I mentioned before it has been raining and rained again this evening so our chances of seeing the moon were slim. Our school invited us to dinner to celebrate and be part of their family. Dinner was nice and there was plenty of food to try. It is much better than the cafeteria food that we eat almost ever day! As we were coming out of the restaurant after dinner we looked up in the sky and we were able to see the moon . It was covered with clouds, but we could see it. We hurried and took a picture of the full moon. Then the moon was gone in less than 1 minute. We thought that was pretty amazing!
I wish there was more to our day and celebration, but there wasn't. I was hoping that for national holidays they would have some big parades or traditional celebration going on, but they didn't. I guess we celebrated the Chinese traditional way. Went to dinner ate moon cakes and looked at the moon. We are crossing our finger to see something more exciting with other holidays.
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment