Tonight Jasmin woke up from a late nap and was/is talking up a storm. She started off with a "g" sounds and I had not idea what she was talking about. It was very intentional and she was focused on the cat when saying it. After quite a few minutes she moved onto other sounds. Then she began looking around. She was calling for Kenya who is asleep in bed. Once we recognized that she was calling and looking for Kenya I told her that Kenya was in bed and she seemed very content. She quieted down and then began to focus again on This. Then Robert asked her if she was telling the kitty to "get it" and she said "yeah." So we then went over to the cat tree and throw a hair tie for This and Jasmin was ecstatic. There has been more than one occasion when she says "yeah" but we were not certain that she knew what it meant. I am convinced now that she knows what she is saying. She is really picking up on this talking thing and advancing rather quickly. She also signs "all done" with her hands when she is finished eating. Sometimes, she uses the "more" sign too!
She now says or has specific sounds for these words:
Kitty, kah, or iddy
Kenya- K-yuh, or enya
Mama- ma, mom
Dada- gada
Get it-sounds just like the letter "g" I have heard get at least once
yeah- YEAH
I gotta love my girls!
Monday, March 19, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment