So, Kenya loves baking, cooking and creating things. So she basically got to make her own cake, with supervision of course. I could not get out of her what she wanted for her birthday theme so it kind of became all about herself. When I would ask her about what she wanted her birthday cake to be all she would tell me is that she wanted a blue cake. I thought, uh okay, what do I do with that? So after a week or so of that I probed her little brain and asked her what shape she wanted it and what she wanted on the cake. It became a blue circle cake with a picture of her on it. WHAT!? How was I going to do that? Then I asked her what she wanted it to taste like and she answered caramel. (We think she said caramel because we tell her that Robert is chocolate and that I am vanilla and Jasmin and her are caramel.) Who has ever made a caramel cake? I was able to find one that was yummy, but it sure was hard to make! It was the first time in my life where I had to start over. It was tricky because there was carmel in the cake, for the filling and in the frosting. I had to start the caramel for the frosting over 5 times.

Well, the when we were decorating it the day of I just decided to let her take the reigns and create whatever she wanted. Sure enough we ended up with a blue and pink cake with a picture of her on it. It definitely was not the pretty cake, but she created it!
 |
| Drawing a picture of herself on the cake. |
 |
| Adding more to decorations to the cake. |
 |
| The final cake. It was yummy! |
Kenya's birthday party was a hit. We had a lot of fun and I think most everyone that came had fun too. Her party didn't really have a theme, but friends, food, fun and games made it amazing!
So for her party I made up a list of games and we played them. We even did a treasure hunt. A few games got dropped off of the agenda because of lack of interest or interest in something else going on. Some games went better than other, but can I say it enough, we had a great time!
 |
| Here she is all dressed and ready for her 3rd birthday party! Isn't she gorgeous? |
 |
| Kenya and her friend waiting for the party to get started. Kenya was so excited all day she kept asking when her party was going to start. I loved seeing her excited and giddy about the whole thing! |
We held the first half of the party outside playing games and eating snacks! Games like London Bridges (as Kenya use to call it "Under the Bridges) and Red Rover. Oh the memories this brought back.
 |
| I don't think Kenya is going to have many parties outside like this. With an early march birthday it was not something we were expecting. |
 |
| Here is the treasure hunt map. I had to draw it and so I was the only one that read it. It definitely shows off how inartistic I am. |
 |
| This is on the treasure hunt. |
 |
| More treasure hunt. At each clue there was an activity. This one was blowing bubbles. |
 |
| Another treasure hunt activity. Rides in a sled. |
 |
| Hokey Pokey during treasure hunt. |
 |
| Enjoying the balloons inside! |
You cannot have a birthday post without the singing of happy birthday.
 |
| Kenya lifting one of her giant presents. |
It was a wondering party for a wonderful girl. We love Kenya so much and have been blessed for the last 3 years to have her in our lives. Not a day goes by that I don't think how proud she makes me. She is so smart and never ceases to amaze me by the things she learns and what a loving sister and person she is. She cares for others and loves to help out. She is so good 90% of the time the other 10% of the time I have to remind myself that she is just barely 3 years old.
No comments:
Post a Comment