Thursday, March 08, 2012

Happy 3rd birthday Kenya!


This birthday was a hit!  She woke up like usual and came into our bedroom where she told us it was her birthday and then snuggled Daddy for a little bit.  It was so sweet!  Then we started her amazing 3rd birthday.  It started with a treasure hunt to find her birthday present.  Her treasure hunt was doing things to get her ready for the day because it was a fun way to get her ready, find her present and get out the door to breakfast.  As seen in the pictures and videos,
#1 was go potty.  That is the picture that Daddy gave her first.


#2 was get dressed and she found this picture on the toilet paper.


#3 was a cupcake.  What better way for a 3 year old to start her birthday than eat a cupcake! (Yeah, we rock!)


#4 was get your hair done.
#5 was get your shoes and socks on.
#6 was get your coat on
#7 and the present was in the garage.  (Yeah my drawing was horrible and she didn't really get that one.  We had to help her.
When she found it she was excited, but didn't really know what to do.  

After the treasure hunt we came and got Jasmin up and we all get ready and out the door to go to breakfast.  Kenya told me the night before that she wanted hash-browns and that is what she got.  On the way there she got to ride in Daddy's car an she LOVES that!  We had a good breakfast and daddy went off to work.  Kenya and I then shopped for prizes and things for her birthday party. 
Kenya's birthday breakfast at Cedric's.

Jasmin is so cute!  Look at those pointy ears!
 After nap we went outside on a wonderful day and played!  The girls and I had a great time playing outside in the sun shine. 
Kenya and her new bike!  We played outside for at least an hour!  I think she is glued to this thing.

While outside we also played with the sidewalk chalk left over from last spring.


For dinner we met Daddy at Chick-fil-a because he had to go to class that night and would not have gotten to see her otherwise.  Chick-fil-a was doing a family night and they had free ice cream and free face painting.  They also have a play place, so I saw a no loose situation.  His girl was amazing at painting faces!  (Oh yeah, the crown she got on Sunday at church and I let her wear it everywhere we went today.)  Kenya got an elaborate rainbow and unicorn painted on her face! Amazing. 

One side of the rainbow

Unicorn side.   The lady even put a pink "K" right next to her eye for Kenya.

front view.
They even pained grown ups faces too.  I got a Gerber daisy.

She loved this cow.  We have eaten there a few times before and we had seen the regular cow, but this one was a girl and Kenya LOVED her!  She followed her around and kept telling the cow that she was gorgeous. What a wonderful little girl we have been blessed with!
 When we got home from see Daddy and having dinner Kenya wanted to take a bath.  So to make it special she got to have glow sticks and the lights off.  We have done this before, but it still made things a little special.  When I was taking her out of the bath she started to cry and said, "I don't want to go to bed because then my birthday will be over."  That is right and that is the way everyone should feel on their birthday.  Your day should be so good that you don't want it to end!  That is how I know I did a good job of making her birthday special.  However, I then proceeded to tell her about her party in 2 more days and she was okay with that. 
 After we were ready for bed Kenya got to talk to a bunch of family on skype and over the phone.  It was a great day and I am proud of my 3 year old!

No comments: