Sunday, March 15, 2009

Short stories and comments made about Kenya.

When my dad walked in the door Friday before Kenya was born he said, "My baby girls having a baby."

Grandma would tell people before Kenya was born that if it was a girl she would be some special girl because her father would teach her how girls should be treated. She was saying that Robert would treat her like a princess and show her how women should be treated. Then she said that I would teach her not to take anything from anyone. That I would teach her to be independent and strong. What a great combination this will be, Grandma would say with slight teary eyes.

One of the first things that the doctor said about Kenya was, "Wow, she has really brown eyes!" Dr. Hopkin and the nurses were all surprised to see how dark brown her eyes were at birth.

When she was born the umbilical cord was wrapped around her torso twice and once around one of her legs. Towards the end of the delivery/labor her heart rate would drop and this was caused by the cord being wrapped around her.

After they took her out of the room and in to the special care nursery Robert went with her. He was able to have Kenya grip his hand while they put an IV in and while they were cleaning the mucus out of her lungs. While in the nursery Robert said that she responded to his voice. When he would switch sides of her she would turn her head to find him when he spoke. What a smart little girl!!

Robert saw Kenya's feet for the first time and her said, "She has Lois's finger toes."

I pumped some milk that first night so that she would be able to have it in the nursery and she drank it out of a cup. Our little girl drank out of a cup for the first time when she was just over 12 hours old.

Also, while in the hospital she was laying on her back on my bed with the slightest decline and rolled to her side. She has also done this a few time since then. (Once being today.)

Grandma and Grandpa took Robert and I to Idaho Falls on Friday and we went to Sams Club. While there Kenya got to ride in the front of Grandpa's power chair. Grandpa zipped away and when he came back he said that he loved hearing people stop him and tell him how beautiful she was. He truly is a proud Grandpa. He admitted that he took off without us so that people would comment on her.

And of coarse we are continuing to get nothing be great comments on about how beautiful, cute, gorgeous, and adorable she is. I hope to be able to remember to write small things like this from time to time.

Please, if you remember something that was said or something you have been told about Kenya, leave a comment so we can keep a record of it. THANKS!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really love that you are keeping track of the neat stories from her first moments. :-) The quote from Grandma made me a little mushy too... And I fully agree.

I know I said this in the last comment, on the last blog, but I'm excited to see you two (now three!) when we get back to Rexburg! :-)

kelsey said...

Oh Kenya, you are a VAB!!! We can't wait to meet you!