Some of these things I learned in listening to him, but most of them I learned by watching him.
Teach by example. (I think because in our family if you tell someone to do something they will resit. But if you don't tell them, you might get somewhere.)
Everyone else is more important than yourself.
Family is the most important thing.
When other are happy it makes you the happiest!
Giving is secret is better than giving openly.
The sound of fighting and arguing is not a good sound to here.
You can always learn new things.
"Things" are not important.
Hard work is important.
If you have money the best thing to do with it is give it or spend it on others.
Nature is a lot better than the city!!!!
It is okay to be silly and have fun at any age.
Even if someone does not make the choice you want them to, you can still be proud of them.
Remember who you are and where you came from.
If you want something, work for it!
Don't gossip.
Don't judge! You never know someone's full circumstance.
Don't disrespect your mother!
Women should be respected!
Stand firm in what you believe, but don't push it on others.
Use your imagination to make other happy!
Show humility in all things.
And many many more that I cannot think of at this time or can't figure out how to put into words. And there are probably a few that he would not be proud of and so I won't mention those ones.
Really, thanks for all the memories! The ones of me as a child, the ones of you working hard to show the family a better life, the ones of you and Kenya! Oh, thank you for the ones of you and Kenya! You are an amazing Papa!
Happy early birthday daddy! I wish I was there to spend time with you!
Friday, December 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment