Tuesday, July 05, 2011

How much can a toddler pee at once?

The answer to this question is still mind blowing to me. Here is the story to go with it.
Kenya and I were getting ready to take our routine nap when she asked for drinks. She is potty trained and rarely pees her pants during naps (but over night is a whole different story). As she was drink both milk and then water I was thinking to myself, she is for sure going to pee this time. I was exhausted from have 2 ridiculously late nights over the weekend and not really having a chance to recover from them and thought about this and decided it was not all that bad and took potty right before we went to nap (which is she did, as normal) and to sleep we went. This map was almost 2 hours when I woke up. It was HOT in Kenya's room on the chair where we were sleep holds in heat plenty well. Because it was so hot the nap was over for me, however Kenya was still sleeping. So I checked and yes Kenya has peed her underwear was wet. I then felt a wetness on me. So, I got up and still holding Kenya went out into the living room to hold her there because I knew it would be at least a bit cooler and it was. To my surprise when I was walking from her room to the living room I felt that my entire backside was wet from about the middle of my butt down to my knees. I then laid down on the couch and was in awe by just how much see must have peed in order to soak through her blanket on to me and then the entire backside of my shorts and underwear.
Hello.... Lois you are pregnant and a thought hit me.... Maybe your water broke.
I just lay there on the couch wondering if that was possible and/or likely. Well, last Friday I began to lose my plug and Saturday confirmed it. Then I spent 2 out 3 day walking forever each day celebrating the 4th of July. The more I thought about this the more likely it was me and not Kenya. I laid there with her for about another 20 minutes because that girl needed her sleep! Then when she woke up I went to check the chair we were sitting on. Yep! It was super wet too! I then called Robert to tell him and then talked to my mom and then my doctor. I decided to go in to the doctor this afternoon to have him check to see if it was my water breaking. Yeah, imagine calling your Dr who actually just happened to be on lunch to tell him you think your water broke or it could just be that your toddler peed the bed. So with his recommendation I called Robert who came home from work at his lunch (2:30 pm) and we went to the docs office to see if this baby was coming anytime soon.
This whole time I am thinking well if it is your water you need to get to doctors to see if you are going into labor and/or will need to be induced because the water is gone, but if it isn't your water then it will all be for nothing. Other things that made me think it was the water. There was a smell of urine on Kenya's wet underwear, but not on me or the chair. There is no way a child could pee that much!!! I don't really know what labor or contractions are like because with Kenya I never really felt any, so I kept telling myself who are you to know if your water has broken.
So, I guess you are wondering the results of the visit. Well, Baby Inside is a....... baby inside still and does not appear to be coming anytime soon. The doctor said I am still a "tight" 3 and the baby is not engaged yet. I will go in next Tuesday on my due date for my next visit.
So, what was it that made me to wet. I am thinking that is could have been a lot of sweat because like I said it was HOT in there and a combination of Kenya's pee. I thought I was going to get a different story to tell out of interesting day, but at least it is a story none the less. I am really not ready for this baby to come anyway so that is nice that I am just a paranoid pregnant woman who is afraid she wont recognize labor.

No comments: