So today was just a really good day for Lois and I. We seemed so busy, but it wasn't stressful.
The day started off great when I got home from work because I didn't have to rush straight to my 8am class. It was cancelled due to Communications Day on campus. On this day a number of successful people in the communications realm come to BYU-I and share there success stories, give tips, and even seek interns and such. So I didn't have to go to class and I was caught up on all my homework for the day.
After getting some much needed extra sleep Lois babysat for a couple so they could go to the temple together. I went to the temple also. Lois had a fun time with the 2-year old boy.
I returned after about an hour and a half and had a great lunch that Lois made while I was gone. We had BBQ'd Elk ribs and Macaroni and Cheese. It was sooo good!
After, lunch I decided to go listen to one of the speakers at Comm. Day. His name is Art Rascon. He is an LDS, Emmy award winning Reporter and Anchor who joined KTRK-TV's 13 Eyewitness News. Anyway, he gave a great talk about his job and how the gospel applied and how he was able to hold true to his faith in perilous times. So it was nice to here inspiring words from a church member in the "real" world.
After that there was a reception and I scored some free food, well dessert and went to my afternoon class, which was only 45 minutes long instead of 90! Lois was able to get some extra money too by going to work while I was at school.
After class we went home, got changed, and took our friend Misty with us to Idaho Falls, where we had scheduled a photo shoot for Lois and I. We had a good hour for, hopefully, some great pictures.
After that we went to dinner at a really good all you can eat Chinese buffet! You can't have a bad day when you go to a good buffet! Not possible!
To top off the day, we went to a haunted house that is apparently ranked 25th in the nation. It is called Dr. Slaughter's House of Horror or something. It was $8 but well worth it. I never got scared to death, but our friend Misty was the best part of the show. There was four of us in our group. Misty's husband lead the group because it was his first time in in any type of spook alley or what have you. Misty was next because she could not handle being in front or the back. Lois was behind her and I was on the end. (Perfect place for the black guy to get picked off, right.)
Anyway, it was really fun and it took us about 30 minutes to go through and that was being rushed. This house of horror had many familiar faces to come out and scare. There was Freddy Krueger, Jason Voorhies, Michael Myers, the Predator, Children of the Corn, and many other horror movie villains. That was the best part of this house because there were so many themes from different movies. This place rocked! Well, I am going to stop blabbering because I hate long blogs and this one seems long enough. Till next time. Have a Happy Halloween!
Friday, October 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment