Sunday, March 01, 2009

Baby Update

So, I went to the Dr. on Wednesday and he said that I was dilated 3 cm. I was so excited and thought I was on my way to having a baby and maybe even in February. This made me VERY excited because on Friday and Saturday I had 10 hour shifts for work. I thought the baby would get me out of work. Then on Wednesday night I began "spotting." Again this showed me signs of labor and getting closer to having this baby. I didn't say anything to anyone other than Robert that night because I know you can spot for a week or more before going into labor. Then Thursday I spotted all day and told some people about it. We were all thinking any day now and any time now I would start contractions and labor. I continued to spot through out Friday and I am almost positive that I have lost my mucus plug. So, surely I would not have to work on Saturday is what I was thinking. Maybe I would not have the baby by then but I thought I would be in labor or miserable and have an excuse not to go into work. Well, Saturday morning rolled around and I woke up REFRESHED. I felt sooo great that morning. Which, in talking to other women, have said that they feel that way right before they start heavy labor. Again this was my chance to get out of working a long month-end shift. So, in the morning I went grocery shopping and walked the long way around the store to try and walk myself into labor. While walking it got more and more uncomfortable, but still nothing that would be like a contraction. So, then at noon I went into work. All day I waited for something that I could justify going home for and other associates encouraged me to because I am less than a week away from having a baby and surely I should not be required to work. I felt the same way, but knowing that we will need the money while Robert is finishing the semester and has only one job, I knew the best and right thing to do was to stay at work and get us any money that I could. (Also, I really did feel just fine. If the baby wasn't so sweet to nudge me and remind me that it was sharing a body with me I would not have even know I was pregnant.) The one thing that did suck about working yesterday was that the restrooms were closed down because there was a clog somewhere in the drainage. So, I had to walk all the way outside and across the street to use the restroom and that was about every hour or hour and a half. So, I got home yesterday being tired, but made it through with no baby and still no contractions. (I did have a few pains during the day, but I think it was more gas or hungry pains. It was nothing of what I am told a contraction could feel like.) Today, I woke up and went to church. I have not felt anything that would allow me to think that I was going to have a baby this week. I walked to and from church twice today and I waddled the whole way. As my mom would describe it I was walk like there is a grapefruit between my legs.
I feel like my body was getting ready and the the baby decided it wanted to wait to have a March birthday. Well, I guess that is okay with me as long as it is within the first few days of March, other wise we will be choosing its birthday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow... I bet you're getting more than ready for little baby Draper to get here. Too bad the baby didn't let you get out of Month-End. Oh well... you'll definitely be able to get out of NEXT Month-End for sure ;-)

Good luck, and keep us posted! I'm not in your ward anymore, so I know nothing :-( Here's to hoping that baby gets here soon!

The Olligschlager Family said...

The End is Near Girl!!!

Henderson Family said...

You better not have your baby before me;)I'm already 3 days past my due date.

Catherine and Derrick said...

Don't worry that baby will be here before you know it. You may have it fast like I did. I was dialated to a three for a week and I felt no contractions whatsoever. I was walking and doing all sorts of things to make the baby come and then when I finally did start having contractions it only took 5 1/2 hours and then hello baby. So maybe that will be the same. You are amazing i could not work a month end and be a week away from having a baby no matter how much we needed the money.

Nate and Chelsea Peck said...

Hey we are due almost the exact same day! I randomly stumbled across your guy's blog! Hopefully you remember us...The Pecks, we worked at the gardens with ya last summer! anyways, send me your email and I'll send you an invite to our blog! cnpeck10@gmail.com good luck! hopefully both our babies come soon!!