Friday, March 06, 2009

Its a....


Here are pregnancy pictures of me.These are one day shy of my due date, taken this morning.

Well, it all started yesterday while I was enjoying my last day of work. I got a voice mail from the hospital telling me that they were going to move my inducing up to 7:30am. Okay, that was not ideal, but we will make it work. Robert had to be in class today at 10:15am because he had a presentation.
Last night I was so excited that I was done with work I invited friends to go to DQ with us and have ice cream. It was also the last night that Robert and I would have not being parents so going out sounded great! We had fun!
This morning just after 6:00am the hospital called to tell me that their labor and delivery unit was full and that they would have to bump me back on the schedule to be induced. People say that storms bring babies and it snowed over night so this was not surprising. Anyway, now Robert could go to class and things were back to the original plan. The hospital told me they would call me at about 10:00am to tell me when/if to come in. Well, they called just after 11 and said that all the ladies were still laboring and that they did not want to start me after 1pm. So, here I am at home because those ladies used more than their share of the hospital. Honestly, I scheduled my birth and I am the one to get bumped. How rude! Just kidding.
So, I now have an apt to start at 7:30am tomorrow morning. And they did ask me to call first to make sure there was room. I have been telling the baby all day that it should come out today anyway so that they have to make room, or that is should come in the middle of the night just to spite the hospital and Dr. (Wow, look what I am already teaching the kid. Look out world!)
So, its a...... another day to wait to find out who/what Cletus Lapidus the Fetus is.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

2 weeks late, they're the best!

kelsey said...

I suppose that means you get more ice cream!!! We were thinking about you all day. I am sad you don't get 3-6-9 as a birthday little baby! We will be thinking about you again tomorrow! :)

Jimmy, Diane and Bentley said...

I am so excited for you guys!! You're so close! Good luck!

ai said...

I'm coming!!

Anonymous said...

I'm COMING!!

Anonymous said...

Awww man, I bet you're just so ready to have the baby OUT already! Rude indeed that those ladies took your birthing time-slot!

Good luck today!

The Olligschlager Family said...

You are such a trooper! I know that it is so hard near the end. I can't wait the hear about your new little one!