It all started one day in China when I was thinking about....
Okay sorry to scare you this is not the story of how she began but how we started to think we wanted to name our new child. So back to the story.
how I wanted to honor my father. This was before I thought he was going to die before the baby was born. I was thinking if it was a boy we could use some or all of his name and then it came to me that we already have the D of his initials and and we just use his initials, but just mix them up a bit. I brought it up to Robert and he liked the idea. So we decided that it was a possibility to try and do so. Then as time went on we went with the idea.
Jasmin Elena Draper has a very special significance in her initials. It is not the names, but the initials. These initials are the same as my father. His initials were DJE. We mixed up the initials. We struggled to find a name. We liked several different names, but nothing seemed to stick. Robert finally said Jasmin Elena and I loved it. The name seemed to elegant to me and so we kept searching. Finally we decided that that is what it was going to be.
So, here is to you Grandpa! Jasmin Elena Draper, JED
I wish she could have had her grandpa here on this earth, but we know that we will see him again through the power of the temple sealing and Jasmin and Grandpa will be able to play and have as much joy as Kenya and Grandpa did here on earth!
Thursday, July 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a beautiful story. It touched my heart. So even though Jasmin didn't get to meet her Grandpa, she will be linked to him her whole life!
Post a Comment